Monday, July 30, 2012

Mary Kate, Ashley & Windel

I have always agreed with the statement that I dress pretty much like Mary Kate & Ashley; they are my fashion mentors. I love everything about their wardrobe. Everything is so effortlessly oversized.
But being that my wardrobe has always been dictated by what my parents would buy for me and what I could afford I never really got a chance to explore and find out what my style is. Yes, I still love the whole hobo-boho vibe that the Olsen twins pull off. But while living alone for a bit I realized that the way I dress myself in my mind is not the way I dress myself in real life.
First of all I don't wear the appropriate colors to pull off the boho thing. My go to colors are: black, every shade of gray, olive green and brown. I guess those are the earth tones or something. (I should probably do a quiz to figure out what goes with my skin tone.) I'm also kind of obsessed with shiny things. Not shiny shirts but shiny accessories on them,like studs and glitter.
Secondly, I realized that I don't really like to wear baggy on baggy on saggy clothes. If I'm wearing skinny jeans I'll throw on a baggy Bill Cosby sweater and if I'm wearing a bottom that's not skin tight then I will wear my most fitting top. I don't want to walk around looking like a blob with arms.
I think it's going to take time for me to figure out how I would classify my style. I think it's mostly based off of the music I'm listening to at the moment. Adele is flowy and Drake is tight.

Hashtag I shop for myself!!!

1 comment: