Monday, February 25, 2013

A little California in Florida

OH MY GOSHHHHH, what a great Saturday I had!  I really love my little Saturday getaways, especially when I go with Hercules.  This Saturday consisted of me falling in love with this little kitchen called California Tacos To Go from my favorite Food Network show, Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.  It's in Tampa, so it was about an hour and a half drive and then I figured that it only made sense to stay there the entire day, so we also hit up this dog beach nearby.  I got this California burrito, it was AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG.  At first, I wasn't thrilled when the charming homosexual man who took my order heard me wrong and loaded up my burrito with sour cream and guacamole and errrthang, but then he gladly took it back and gave me a new one except for...it had cheese in it.  I just sucked it up to avoid being a world-class ass.  The cheese in there wasn't bad at all, but it was too rich for my liking.  I think my favorite part about it was the french fries they put inside and there was so much flavor, wowza; t'was a kick ass burrito. It was a strictly outdoor eatery so Herc and I sat outside and I gave him a cup of water while I chowed down.

Then the dog beach, how cute.  I love the concept to begin with, but I think I loved it so much because the weather was extremely gloomy and nobody was even really out there.. maybe 2 families?  and the actual beach/sand was like 1 foot, then there was a lot of grass and stuff.  I didn't mind because I didn't expect much from a Tampa "beach".  It felt so relaxing and I let Hercules run and he sprinted and had so much joy in his heart, it made me so happy.  I felt truly relaxed.  Anyways, I had a great Saturday and I took some pictures of our mini roadtrip, enjoy if it's your thing. lol

ready to head out...late

peek-a-boo

we love roadtips, cars, and windows !


how could you not fall in love with this sweetheart ?!

And I was never hungry again

his cup of water

good food, good people

the UK or Tampa ?

never been to a beach with more grass than sand

foggy ass Tampa

my frizzy beach hair and his sandy paws
This place is worth the trip if you ever find yourself in the Central Florida or West Florida area !  Farewell sweet children of the Earth (:
  -ya highness, honey suckle

No comments:

Post a Comment